or make 4 interest-free payments of $57.25 AUD fortnightly with More info
STOP using the cheap “OLD” tarps that don’t last!
The MagTarp is your final tarp solution that can be used in so many ways. The MagTarp is most known for incorporating three different sizes of use in one tarp by the utilisation of magnetic connection.
The features make it totally different than anything on the market! Developed by landscapers for landscapers. This Patent Pending design is designed to do so much more than a conventional tarp and save you time and money on the jobsite. This is a high-quality conversion tarp system which will keep users from having to repurchase tarps as frequently because it is simply built to last longer. But that’s only the beginning! Check out all the features below!
The “OLD” tarp system:
- Folds are not secured - Dragging and raking debris onto a folded tarp can be a challenge. The tarp would often clump up in spots causing frustration for the user. It also causes a messy clean up.
- With an ordinary folded tarp, the wind can easily unfold the tarp and in some cases the air flow between the folds would cause the tarp to be moved.
- Lack of quality tarps for purchase at retail. Tarps aren’t that expensive, typically you would spend anywhere from $20-$50 for a single tarp. The cost adds up quickly with heavy use and the need to buy multiple sizes.
- Hard to store and keep ready for use
The “NEW” MagTarp system:
The MagTarp is most known for incorporating three different sizes of use in one tarp by the utilisation of magnetic connection. The added weight on the kick steps aid in keeping the tarp flat during use and windy conditions. The system acts as a storage bag for debris when folded and zipped. We have considered several accessories that will help the user with dragging the loaded tarp. The add-on carabiner clips that can be used to clip the tarp to power equipment such as ATVs or lawn mowers when the debris is too heavy to drag on foot. Also, a clip with handle accessory can be attached for a solid grip when dragging on foot. These accessories can be clipped to one or multiple corner grommets. For example, when debris is loaded and the tarp is folded into a taco shape, two corners are connected together by magnet, the clip or handle and clip can be fed through two corners. This is recommended over clipping through one grommet because the distribution of energy will be split between each corner.
For the security of each fold the MagTarp has magnets at each corner as well as placement along the seams. In order to configure magnets to the tarp sample we had to design kick steps that enabled magnet embedment. These kick steps also featured a thicker support system enabling the use of your foot/heel to drag the tarp into a flat unfolded position. Having to do a lot of bending over to spread out a tarp can also cause back pain. To reduce airflow between folds we added zippers to the unfolded tarp. Later we learned that these zippers created a new function. The tarp system acts as a bag when the first fold occurs. The magnets snap together and the zippers close the gap in between, allowing for the debris within to be concealed. Focusing on the zipper sequence, imagine a line down the middle, one side of the tarp had 3 male zippers and the other side had 3 females, so that when the first fold occurred, the corner magnets would connect together followed by the zippers coming together and zipping the first fold shut. Additional magnets were embedded along the outside seam to aid in security. For the next couple of folds the magnets would all sequentially connect together.
- Ideal for leaves, mulch, debris, plant material, limbs and so much more!
- The full size is 10’x15’, folded 7.5’x10’ and 5’x7.5’ all with one tarp
- Patent Pending design
- Kick step drag corners with inset magnets to hold the tarp closed as needed in use and storage